Accomplishments & Donations
Your support matters.
- The Pinehurst Civic Group was founded to protect our village from over commercialization by the Diamond Head Corporation
- Petitioned the State Municipal Board of Control for incorporating Pinehurst
- An annual program of recognition, called the Pinehurst Civic Distinguished Service Award, for an individual or group, was established
- Led a $25,000 drive for the Pinehurst Rescue Squad
- Took a position rejecting a shopping mall at the traffic circle
- Helped resident owners have a second water meter for yard irrigation
- Took a position opposing the development of high density residences on Linden Road
- Played a major role in the Village Council purchasing the harness track
- The community swimming pool on Rattlesnake Road was helped from financial distress by an advisory service from PCG
- Provided extensive investigative and negotiating work that was essential in helping the Village purchase 100 acres that became Rassie Wicker Park in which the Village Hall was built in 1997, the Police Station in 1998, and the new Fire Station in 2006
- Encouraged the Village Council to conduct more formal, forward-looking planning of capital spending and their related tax implications
- Supported the Village Council in overcoming builders and realtors’ legal attempts to force acceptance of large multi-colored temporary signage
- Urged citizen interest in the Village’s preparation of a Comprehensive Long Range Plan
- Mobilized public pressure to cause the Moore County Board of Commissioners to begin public comment periods in their open meetings
- Took part in the purchase and development of the CENTURY BOX which will be opened in 2105
- Worked with the Chamber of Commerce and the Pilot in establishing the Summit
- Surveyed and urged citizen interest in proposed Greens at the Arboretum complex
- Surveyed and urged citizen interest in proposed Publix center
- Held first-ever Transportation Forum with NC Department of Transportation keynote speaker
- Urged citizen interest in proposed sidewalks in Lake Pinehurst area
- Donated the water fountain in the Village Center
- Donated $3,000 to Given Library
- Donated the large pedestal clock in the Village Center
- Donated $2,300 to Tufts Archives
- Donated $1,000 to the Village Historic Preservation Foundation
- Donated $1,000 to Tufts Archives
- Donated $500 to the Pinehurst Elementary School’s SCORE program
- Donated funds to help purchase and install the Victorian style lamp placed in front of our Police Station.
- Donated hanging plant baskets to the Village
- Donated recycle bins for Pinecrest High School
- Purchased lecterns for Village Hall
- Gifted the Village of Pinehurst with 60 hanging baskets you see about our Village’s business district.
- Sponsored the bands for Pinehurst Live After 5 to get citizens to enjoy our downtown village.
- Donated money to provide visitors with a Welcome to Pinehurst booklet.
- Donated to Toys for Tots on behalf of the First Responders from the Pinehurst Police and Fire Departments